December 30

2005

2007

2008



2005

Gardening in the High Desert
Productive day, today. Nice to feel like I did something after being sick all week. Finally deep watered the trees, put some mulch down, ceased the dogs' pen, washed all their towels and hung their carpet to air out.

The folks at DG (Dave's Garden) seem to think that even with these winds, I won't need to stake bearded irises, and that day lilies should also do just fine. I hope so. I saw some beautiful inspiration photos at DG. [2011 Note: Irises have done well for the last 6 years without staking; dogs kept digging up day lilies and things kept eating them, so I can't say for sure, but I do believe they would be fine, also]

My very own copy of The Vegetable Garden Bible came yesterday. Too sick to even look at the pictures. I've check it out of the library enough to know a lot of it already - just nice to have my very own copy.

Can't wait to feel up to snuff. All these days off and I'm sick. So sick that I barely glanced that the seed catalogs that came the other day. Well, a time for everything in its season.

2007

Gardening in the High Desert
Happy Birthday to Me!
  • Filled bird feeders
  • Cataloged more seeds in my garden database
  • Finished reading books from the library
Perennial Vines - haven't found any I really like yet. Question on seed saving - Can I use used drier sheets to "bag" tomato flowers for seed saving?

2008

Gardening in the High Desert Harvest Eggs 14 Total
3 EE [Easter Eggers], 1 olive
4 Maran
7 SLW [Silver Laced Wyandottes]

No comments:

Post a Comment