- DONE - See how deep rain penetrated into the ground – not much; 6” only
- DONE – Buy dirt – 2006-10-21
- DONE – Take a nap
- DONE – Remove clothes pins from fruit trees – 2006-10-04 [used with string to keep young branches spread apart]
- How do I put diesel and oil in the tractor?
- [Plant] more peas, please
- Fall cleanup
- More soap making
- Remove Christmas décor from last year
- Wire fence fruit trees [I have no idea what that means now]
- Cut back viburnums
- DONE- Trees? 2006-10-07 none at HD [Home Depot, probably Carson City] [Black Austrian] pines
So much to do before D leave for trainin in South Carolina – and then a blink of an eye and he's of to Iraq.
Strange, but I think I won't have to water this week.
- Watered all houseplantsHaven't been in the garden in 24 hours – miss that contact with the Earth
- Filled bird feeders
- Played with dogs
- Dreaming of Garlic
- Put dead lettuce in compost pile
One place I saw said 12 -15 bulbs of garlic per person per year – seems like our family could eat more than than
Garlic Use – Crush, add to butter, put in molds, freeze, pop out of molds, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Instant garlic butter for cooking. I love it!
I am taking a class on jumpstarting your creativity by studying Leonardo da Vinci – It's been a year or more since I've kept a non-garden journal. I wonder if now is the time to start one again?
A year ago D was contemplating spending a year in Iraq – and now, now what are his plans? I am so blessed to have him home. He planted a tree this weekend.