10 - October 02

2005

2006

2007

2010



2005

The sweet gums [trees] are looking decidedly perky this morning. I was concerned that yesterday's dry winds would have been hard on them, but I guess the cooler temps and deep watering helped them. Of course, I took pictures yesterday. Need to add them to my database.

2006


  • DONE - See how deep rain penetrated into the ground – not much; 6” only
  • DONE – Buy dirt – 2006-10-21
  • DONE – Take a nap
  • DONE – Remove clothes pins from fruit trees – 2006-10-04 [used with string to keep young branches spread apart]
  • How do I put diesel and oil in the tractor?
  • [Plant] more peas, please
  • Fall cleanup
  • More soap making
  • Remove Christmas décor from last year
  • Wire fence fruit trees [I have no idea what that means now]
  • Cut back viburnums
  • DONE- Trees? 2006-10-07 none at HD [Home Depot, probably Carson City] [Black Austrian] pines

So much to do before D leave for trainin in South Carolina – and then a blink of an eye and he's of to Iraq.

Strange, but I think I won't have to water this week.

2007


[Accomplished]

  • Watered all houseplantsHaven't been in the garden in 24 hours – miss that contact with the Earth
  • Filled bird feeders
  • Played with dogs
  • Dreaming of Garlic
  • Put dead lettuce in compost pile

One place I saw said 12 -15 bulbs of garlic per person per year – seems like our family could eat more than than
Garlic Use – Crush, add to butter, put in molds, freeze, pop out of molds, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Instant garlic butter for cooking. I love it!

I am taking a class on jumpstarting your creativity by studying Leonardo da Vinci – It's been a year or more since I've kept a non-garden journal. I wonder if now is the time to start one again?
A year ago D was contemplating spending a year in Iraq – and now, now what are his plans? I am so blessed to have him home. He planted a tree this weekend.

2010

Big fat drops of rain accompanied by the usual winds. Cooled things down nicely. Still, one should not mistake this little rain as actually watering anything. It has barely wet the surface [of the ground]. Had to run to put dog food and chicken food out of the rain, but other than that, not a big deal. Even when there is lots of it, I've always loved the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment